A Three Star Affordable Seafront Resort Hotel
In an Unquestionable Five Star Setting
With its own private peninsula plunging into crystal clear seas, and its surrounding walls of pine, oak, orange, bougainvillea and oleander draped mountains and cliffs, the Hotel San Diego commands one of the most beautiful positions of anywhere in this world.
On top of a cliff thrusting like the bow of a fun Mediterranean cruise liner, the sunning complex with its ample swimming pool edged with stone and grass terraces provides as much fun, sun and relaxation as can be soaked in.
In contrast, the tranquility of its separate shady lush and verdant gardens and patios offer the ideal sun-umbrella under which to sip a spumante or campari with soda, munch on olives or nuts, or just snooze.
The San Diego lies curled up at the edge of Acquafredda - a seaside village whose beauty and peacefulness is incomparable. Quiet tree and flower lined streets surprisingly evoke images of pastoral English villages. Always glimpsing the sea and meandering here and there, these streets make strolls or jogs a mandatory pleasure. Yet, mere minutes along the wondrously serpentine road of the incomparable coastal Maratea there is the shopping and night life of Sapri, the ancient town and port of Maratea, and the "chic" coastal paese of Fumicello.
- 70 guestrooms
- Restaurant and pool bar
- Outdoor pool
- Free shuttle
- Conference center
- Children's club
- Coffee/tea in a common area
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Front desk safe
- Free continental breakfast, free Internet in lobby, and free parking
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Children's pool
- Children's club
- Playground on site
- Children's club (surcharge)
- In Acquafredda
- Port of Maratea (5.6 mi / 9 km)
- Statue of Christ the Redeemer (10.6 mi / 17.1 km)
- Policastro Harbour (11.3 mi / 18.2 km)
- Scario Harbour (14.1 mi / 22.7 km)
- Sanctuary of S. Maria della Grotta (15.7 mi / 25.3 km)
- Cascate Capelli di Venere (16.6 mi / 26.7 km)
- WWF Oasis Bussento Caves (17.3 mi / 27.8 km)
- AquaFans Water Park (18.5 mi / 29.8 km)
- Lago Laudemio (28.2 mi / 45.4 km)
- Caves of Palinuro (29.3 mi / 47.2 km)