Weddings at Monteriggioni
Get Venue Detail Apps
Event & Guest Management Apps
Famed Walled Town of Monteriggioni
|Number of Rooms/Apartments|
|Max # people for ceremony||100|
|Max # people for reception||0|
|Min # people for reception||0|
|Max # people for accommodation||0|
|Min # people for accommodations||0|
|Min # days to book||1|
It is nestled in the province of Siena, between this beautiful city and Colle Val d’Elsa. Its perfect circular perimeter makes one suppose it to be an artficial construction while in actuality it was created by just following the curves in the natural ground.
The castle was built by the Sienese between 1213 and 1219 for defensive purposes: its strategic location atop a hill overlooking the Cassia Road allowed the castle to control the cities of the Val d’Elsa and Staggia and be on the lookout for any armies approaching Siena.
The intact fortified wall presents 14 towers along which the guards used to walk and patrol the walls and 2 gates, one called the Franca or Romea Gate which faces Rome and the other known as the Florentine Gate since it heads toward Florence.
The current structure of the village is essentially the original one, the only changes it went through date back to the 16th century when the towers were lowered and some earth accumulated at the base of the walls and another dating back to 1921 when 3 of the 14 towers were reduced to the level of the walls.
Tip: Click on the text below to expand more information:
- Venue Policies
- Wedding Details
- General Info
- Venue Facilities
- Public Transport
- Places to Go
- Places to Eat
There are two ways to get a good understanding of your cost of your wedding in Italy.Tip: Click on the text below to expand more information:
- Below is a list of individual services with costs - click on each item to see service descriptions and costs.
- Following that is a list of Typical Plans which will help you rapidly get a solid idea of the total cost of YOUR wedding in Italy might be for this venue.
Additional Event Hosting Fee
Accommodations ( rooms)
- This venue does not offer accommodations. Please scroll down and choose from nearby venues with accommodations.
- Ceremony Packages for This Venue
- Paperwork Fees
7-Hour Photos (Tuscany Photographer 1) (13.2 km) €1100
7-Hour Video (Tuscany Photographer 1) (13.2 km) €800
10-Hour Photos (Tuscany Photographer 1) (13.2 km) €1400
10-Hour Video (Tuscany Photographer 1) (13.2 km) €1100
8-Hour Photos (Tuscany Photographer 2) (59.2 km) €1600
Full-Day Photos (Tuscany Photographer 2) (59.2 km) €2000
10-Hour Photos (Tuscany Photographer 2) (59.2 km) €1900
Full-Day Video (Tuscany Photographer 2) (59.2 km) €1800
10-Hour Video (Tuscany Photographer 2) (59.2 km) €1500
Full-Day Photo National Photographer 1 (413.4 km) €1800
Full-Day Video - National Photographer 1 (413.4 km) €2000
Additional wedding planner required for 50+
Weddings of 50 + €450
- Airport/Venue Transfers
- Please Select CUSTOMIZE, THEN change the plan - e.g., change the names/dates of events, dates for accommodation, # guests, the services.
- You can add additional events at the same venue or at nearby venues.
- Once you completed that plan, you can then COPY that plan for other venues so you can compare costs.
- Typical Plans do NOT include the venue (s) HOSTING FEE. When you change these plans, and enter your event date(s), the hosting fee will be included.
- Some Typical Plans include the cost of ALL ROOMS in the Venue. This system supports your guests paying their share of accommodations.