Borgo di Barigianino is located in the beautiful area of Montagnola Senese, a nature park, a few kilometers from the most famous Tuscan cities (Siena, Lucca and Firenze), between Chianti's area and Brunello di Montalcino's area .
- Legal civil ceremonies can take place at one of the 3 places below:
In the town hall of Sovicille
Capacity: 25 chairs & rest can stand (only 1 kilometers away) followed by an aperitif at Borgo di Barigianino
The Abbey of San Galgano (picturesque ruins of an ancient 13th century abbey)
Capacity: 60 chairs & rest would stand (this is about 30 minutes away - about 30 kilometers
- Blessings are ceremonies without legal or civil restrictions, and therefore are performed by a Master of Ceremonies, rather than a clergyman or state official. The ceremony suits couples who have already had a civil or church ceremony, but is also perfect for those who wish to renew their wedding vows for an anniversary.
Patio by the pool - the patio can be used for spectacular outdoor ceremonies with views over the Tuscan hills
Capacity: up to 80 white skirted chairs - € 7.50 per chair
Note: the rest would stand
in the event of bad weather, your ceremony would take place in the dining room with its romantic, Tuscan décor, you feel the real Tuscan atmosphere
- Protestant ceremony without legal effects with English Speaking Minister (Church of England/CofE)
Note: This can take place at the Protestant Church in Siena or on the grounds of the Borgo. In this case, you must do the legal civil wedding at the Town Hall prior to the religious ceremony. This can possibly be done in the morning of the same day as the religious ceremony or day(s) before. The church in Siena is an 15 minute drive, it's 15 kilometers.
- Jewish ceremonies can take place on grounds.
- Catholic weddings must take place in one of the churches in area. There is an English speaking Priest in Siena
Distance from major airports:
Distance from Train Station:
- Perugia airport (80 km) about 90-minute drive away, is the closest airport, with regular flights to London Stansted, Brussels and domestic destinations
- Rome's two airports, Fiumicino and Ciampino (200 km) about a 2 hour drive away, and is the better choice for flights to major UK airports and international destinations
- Florence airport (125 km) is also about a 2 hour drive
- Name of station: Stazione di Siena in the town Siena: serves trains to Rome, Florence, Milan and Venice. It's a 15 - minute drive to the about 15/20 km to the heart of Siena
- Avis office near the station. For information on train times, see Trenitalia
- There are taxis at the station - they are there till the last train arrives.
1. Casa del Sole (sleeps up to 2 people)
This delightful apartment has its private entrance from its garden space between Bacco and the courtyard. Up one step is the living/dining room with brick vaulted ceiling. To the right, up one step, is the kitchen with sunny orange fridge and solar motifs. On the same side as the kitchen is a door to the double bedroom. An open archway in the living room opens onto a hall with doors to a twin bedded room and to a complete bathroom with shower.
2. Casa di Luna (sleeps up to 4 people)
This apartment develops on the ground floor and has its access from its spacious furnished garden space. Up one low step is the entrance into the L-shaped living/dining room. The kitchen is located in the smaller part of the L and is fully equipped. A door in the living room opens into a hallway where the washing machine is set into a niche. Up one step in the hallway are doors to the double bedroom and to the twin bedded room. At the end of the hall is the door to the complete bathroom with bathtub. The apartment is luminous and comfortable with astronomical motifs.
3. Casa di Eolo (sleeps up to 4 people)
Comfortable and luminous apartment that has its private access from its private furnished garden space up four steps culminating in a balcony set over the entrance to Luna. Up another step from the balcony is the entrance into the spacious living/dining room. There is an open upper gallery in the living room that provides an interesting touch. To the right of the dining area is a low walled-in peninsula where the fully equipped kitchen and its equipment are located. To the right of the kitchen, up four steps is a hallway with doors to the double bedroom, to the twin bedded room and to a complete bathroom with shower. At the left of the hall near the stairs, down three steps is a second complete bathroom with bathtub
4. Villa Lucifero (sleeps up to 4 people)
Beautiful independent barn built on the side of the hill with various accesses. Main private entrance is from the hamlet courtyard up a few steps through glass paneled doors into the living dining room with fireplace. A door on the opposite side of the living room opens onto the rear of the barn onto a pathway leading to the pool. A door in the dining area opens into the fully fitted kitchen (red fridge in tonality with the decorations and leis motif of the house).
To the left of the fireplace is a short flight of stairs that culminates on a landing. A door to the right on the landing opens into a service WC. A second door on the landing opens onto a short hallway with doors to the twin bedded room, to the spacious complete bathroom with two washbasins and both bathtub and shower stall, and to the double bedroom with a glass paneled door that opens onto the barn's private garden space. The garden can also be reached from the outside from the pathway at the side of the barn. The barn is luminous and boasts wood beamed ceilings and cotto floors.
5. Casa del Teatro (sleeps up to 6 people*)
This apartment develops entirely on the first floor and has its private entrance up an external staircase from the hamlet courtyard. At the top of the stairs is a small covered landing. Private entrance is up two steps into the dining room with kitchen, all decorated with theatre motifs. A staircase on the right leads up to the gallery with beautiful living room and wood beamed ceiling. To the right of the dining room is a first door to a hallway that in turn has three doors. Two doors open into twin bedded rooms, and the third opens into a complete bathroom with shower. A second door in the dining room again opens onto a hall with two doors. Up three steps and through the first door is the spacious double bedroom, while through the second door is a large complete bathroom with bathtub. The apartment has its private garden space on the lawn under a centuries old tree.
6. Casa di Bacco (sleeps up to 6 people)
This apartment is in reality an entire section of a house and occupies both the ground floor and first floor. Its private access is from a pathway at the centre of its private furnished garden space. On the frontal of the house, above the entrance, is a large round terracotta face of Bacchus. Below the Bacchus and running the length of the front of the house is a covered portico with garden furniture and fountain for exclusive use of the Bacco occupants. From the portico, up one step is the spacious open plan living/dining room with wood beamed ceiling and separate kitchen corner that is fully equipped and decorated with wine harvest motifs. In the living room is a staircase leading to the upper floors. Next to the staircase is a door to a small hall with doors to the twin bedded room and to a small bathroom with washbasin, WC and shower. A niche created under the staircase hosts the washing machine and fridge. At the top of the stairs is a landing with doors to a twin bedded room, to a spacious double bedroom, and to a complete bathroom with two washbasins and bathtub.
7. Casa del Aurora (sleeps up to 6 people*)
Large and delightful apartment that occupies an entire section of a house with double private entrances, one from the hamlet courtyard and the other from its private furnished garden space. Main entrance is from the courtyard down one step into a large open plan room with living room to the right, stenographic staircase in cotto and travertine in the centre that leads up to the dining room, and to the left, through a massive brick archway is the study. A door in the study opens into a utilities room with washing machine and door to a complete bathroom with shower. The upper floor dining room has glass paneled doors to the apartment's garden space. The kitchen is divided from the dining room by a long counter and it is fully equipped. Continuing up the staircase is a landing with a hallway with 5 doors. They lead to the double bedroom, to two twin bedded rooms and to two complete bathrooms, one with bathtub and one with shower. The apartment is luminous and delightfully furnished in the pale tonalities of dawn (aurora is dawn).
8. Villa delle Stelle (sleeps up to 6 people*)
Delightful independent house at one side of the hamlet with its own private furnished garden space. Private entrance to the house is from a covered, furnished portico directly into a huge open-plan living/dining room with stone staircase leading to the upper floor. The dining area is on the right and is separated from the kitchen by a low wall where the kitchen equipment is located. The kitchen is fully equipped and two panoramic windows illuminate both the kitchen and the dining room. There is a beautiful open arch that separates the dining room from the living room with fireplace. To the left of the fireplace is the door to a complete bathroom with shower and washing machine. At the top of the stairs is a landing with door on the left that opens onto the side garden, and next to this door is the door to a spacious complete bathroom with two washbasins and bathtub. To the right of the stairs is an internal balcony that leads to a landing with doors to a double bedroom, to a twin bedded room, to a second double bedroom that is built on two separate levels with a bed on each level, and to a third complete bathroom with shower. The house alternates whitewashed walls with stone on sight and white ceramic floor tiles with traditional wood beamed ceilings in a beautiful combination.
Notes about apartments:
- The specified number of persons per apartment must not be exceeded without owner's permission
- The apartments are richly furnished in impeccable good taste and the kitchens all offer gas ranges, electric ovens, dishwashers and large fridges with freezers that are colour coordinated for each apartment
- All apartments are equipped with washing machines and, on request, the twin beds can be united
- Private parking lot
- Each apartment has its own private furnished garden space near its entrance