A Chic Tuscan Boutique Hotel
An hour's drive from Siena in the heart of Tuscany, Relais D'Orcia , a rural retreat surrounded by undulating hills and sheep-grazing grounds, just 10 minutes from the Unesco World Heritage village of Pienza.
Relais D'Orcia is located in the Lucciola Bella Nature Reserve and is involved with its conservation activities. Almost all products used by the hotel are organic (including bathroom amenities) and locally sourced.
During the day, you can go for long walks or do daytrips and visit all the wonderful towns of the area, or soak up the sun by the pool.
By night, sit by the pool under a stretch of stars, and get to know your fellow guests; for breakfast, perch on the hilltop and watch the local shepherd bring in his flock.
Distance from major airports:
Distance from Train Station:
- Perugia airport (80 km) about 90-minute drive away, is the closest airport, with regular flights to London Stansted, Brussels and domestic destinations
- Rome's two airports, Fiumicino and Ciampino (200 km) about a 2 hour drive away, and is the better choice for flights to major UK airports and international destinations
- Florence airport (125 km) is also about a 2 hour drive
Ceremonies: (80 people max)
- Name of station: Chiusi-Chianciano Terme
- In the town of Chiusi Scalo: serves trains to Rome, Florence, Milan and Venice. It's a 40-minute drive to the Relais D'Orcia about 35 km
- Avis office near the station. For information on train times, see Trenitalia
- There are taxis at the station - they are there till the last train arrives.
- Legal civil ceremonies MUST take place in the Town Hall of Pienza (10 kilometers away) followed by an aperitif at Relais D'Orcia.
- Blessings/Symbolic are ceremonies without legal or civil restrictions, and therefore are performed by a Master of Ceremonies, rather than a clergyman or state official. The ceremony suits couples who have already had a civil or church ceremony, but is also perfect for those who wish to renew their wedding vows for an anniversary. Your blessing can be celebrated in various locations on the grounds of the Relais D'Orcia
By the pool
this is a favorite spot that can be used for spectacular outdoor ceremonies with views over the Tuscan Hills
Capacity: up to 80 chairs
Plan B - Note: In the event of rain, you have 2 options:
1) have the ceremony in the same marquee tent as for the reception where everyone sits at the reception tables facing the couple & officiate;
2) you can order a 2nd Marquee at least 24 hours before
- Protestant ceremony without legal effects with English Speaking Minister (Church of England/CofE).
Note: This can take place at the Protestant Church in Siena or in the gardens of Relais D'Orcia (see costs below). In this case, you must do the legal civil wedding at the Town Hall prior to the religious ceremony. This can possibly be done in the morning of the same day as the religious ceremony or day(s) before
- Jewish ceremonies can take place at Relais D'Orcia Gardens
- Catholic weddings must take place in one of 2 churches in Pienza (10 kilometers away) : Duomo of Pienza or Pieve di Corsignano (small romantic Church). There is an English speaking Priest